We are in the middle of a bunch of major updates to the Shedworx apps and as part of this has included taking a look at all the Shedworx apps.
Based on the revenue that these apps have been generating and the work required to update them, we've decided to retire the following apps:
- Cosmos - this was our dedicated video manager for HD video but has become too costly to update based on the revenue it was generating.
- Loops - this was our group photo sharing service which has finally been surpassed by Apple's new Photos service. Photos has delivered on what we were trying to do with Loops back in 2011. We've found Photos to be a great option to store all your photos in the cloud and be able to manage the library from any device. We've been using Photos for a while now and it certainly delivers.
- mkvWatch - this was our first experiment in the video converter space after Voltaic and has been surpassed in every way by Smart Converter Pro.
Dropping these apps means that we can focus our efforts on the core Shedworx apps that deliver the best results for customers.
The following apps are being updated right now and will be released later in 2015:
- Smart Converter Pro for Mac - an update is underway to deliver a whole bunch of minor improvements for 2015.
- Smart Converter Pro for Windows - the Windows version of Smart Converter Pro will be receiving the full Folder Monitoring and Metadata lookup features of the Mac version, and Windows 10 support.
- Music Converter Pro - many bug fixes and minor improvements.
- miDVD Pro - many bug fixes and minor improvements.