- Smart Converter Pro
- Music Converter Pro
- miDVD Pro
I've just bought an activation key but haven't received it
Your activation key is emailed to you as soon as your payment clears. Some of the free email services (such as Yahoo, GMail and Hotmail) have very aggressive SPAM policies which result in the activation key email being filed in your SPAM folder.
If you paid via eCheck at PayPal, your payment will not clear for a few days (usually 4). As soon as your payment clears, your activation key will be sent to you automatically.
Also if you have not heard back from us within 4 days, it is likely your ISP is blocking our responses. Try sending us an e-mail from an alternate account.
I've received my activation key, but Cosmos won't accept it
Also ensure that you are connected to the internet and are not behind a firewall when attempting to activate Cosmos. If your activation key is not accepted please send your Cosmos log file to support, along with any error messages that were displayed.
I've lost my activation key. What do I do?
If you've successfully registered Cosmos you don't need your activation key anymore.
If you want to get a copy of your key for backup purposes, click here to have your activation key re-sent to you.
Cosmos is crashing. What do I do?
If Cosmos is crashing, please send the crash log:
- Open the Console application (Applications/Utilities/Console)
- Click the 'Show Log List' button in the toolbar
- In the now visible left hand list, open LOG FILES
- open (your home area)/Library/Logs
- open CrashReporter
- scroll down to Cosmos.crash.log
- copy and paste the log text to an email
I'm having a technical problem. What should I do?
We are very interested in any bugs that you may uncover.
If you can email us the Cosmos log, that will help us a great deal.
The Cosmos application log can be found under Library/Logs under your home area. It is called Cosmos.log.
Known Technical Issues
What level of support is available?
ShedWorx offers email support 9am to 5pm weekdays (Perth, Australia timezone, which is GMT+8). We are a regular business and work 9-5, like most people. We respond to almost all support requests within 24hrs on weekdays.
Our systems all run 24x7, but we only provide support while we are at work.
How do I change the location of the Cosmos library?
Cosmos stores all of its library information in one location, making it easy to place the library wherever you like.
Please follow these steps to change the location of your library:
1. Quit Cosmos
2. Copy the Cosmos directory (found under ~/Movies/Cosmos) to the new location
3. Start Cosmos
4. Go to Preferences/General and change the Base Location to the new location of your library
5. Cosmos will now restart, using the new library location
6. Move the old library to Trash
7. Restart Cosmos before emptying your Trash to ensure that you are using the new location